When you visit our website, we collect the following data:
- Your anonymized IP address (we store only the first 2 byte for IPv4 and the first 6 byte for IPv6)
- Your browser user agent and plugin configuration
- Your HTTP referrer if coming from another website
- Your screen size configuration
- Your geolocation as far as we can determine it from the anonymized IP address
The browser user agent usually contains the following information:
- Your browser name and version
- Your operating system name and version
- Your processor architecture
All collected data is used for statistical purposes only, does not allow personal identification and is not shared with any third parties. Statistics are generated using a self-hosted Matomo installation.
Visitor logs are deleted after 90 days and detailed reports after 12 months. Only basic trend metrics are kept after this time.
You can opt out of browser data collection at any time by clicking this opt-out link and following the instructions. Alternatively, you can also configure your browser to send a Do Not Track header.
The website and all data related to it is hosted at uberspace.de, which is also where your email will be stored when you send us one. Uberspace.de are only responsible for providing the needed IT infrastructure and do not access or use your data directly.
KeePassXC and KeePassXC-Browser
KeePassXC and KeePassXC-Browser are run locally on your computer. At no time will any of your stored personal data be sent to us or a third party. That's how it works. Period.
KeePassXC in particular will only ever contact a server on the Internet as per explicit request from the user (e.g., in order to download a website favicon for an entry).