Today we are releasing KeePassXC 2.5.3, the third maintenance update for KeePassXC 2.5.
The update adds support for the new Chromium-based Edge browser to KeePassXC-Browser and comes with a critical fix for a bug that may inadvertently scramble a database’s master key after removing a YubiKey from a KDBX 3.1 database.
Additional changes include fixes for a number of application crashes, enhanced URL matching in KeePassXC-Browser, and other stability improvements.
This is the full changelog for KeePassXC 2.5.3:
- Fix a possible database lockout when removing a YubiKey from a KDBX 3.1 database [#4147]
- Fix crash if Auto-Type is performed on a new entry [#4150]
- Fix crash when all entries are deleted from a group [#4156]
- Improve the reliability of clipboard clearing on Gnome [#4165]
- Do not check
cmd://URLs for valid URL syntax anymore [#4172]
- Prevent unnecessary merges for databases on network shares [#4153]
- Browser: Prevent native messaging proxy from blocking application shutdown [#4155]
- Browser: Improve website URL matching [#4134, #4177]
- Browser: Enable support for Chromium-based Edge Browser [#3359]